Sunday, March 05, 2006

Suffering 2, at a glance

I had an opportunity to play The Suffering 2, Ties that Bind, this weekend, and I must say I am fairly impressed. The cinematic experience is there in full force, and the first half hour of the game play more like a movie, than a game, but they really do a good job of getting you into their story. You play as Tourque a former inmate of Carnate island prison facility, Torque is mentally disturbed but it unclear just how nuts you really are. Your brains are scrambled and memory torn to shreds, but weather or not your evil is uncertain, and up for grabs in your decision making (as in the original). I really love the way Suffering 2 gives you story throughout the game, using Torque’s hallucinations/visions/insanity? It is far more interesting than cut scenes, and far more intense. The first time you’re not sure if you should be shooting or watching, you’ll know what I mean (it’s usually obvious). The action seems to be about the same as it was before, there is a bevy of new monsters, and weapons at your disposal. The graphics don’t look particularly better than the original, but those were pretty darn good, so it’s not so disappointing. I only played this game for a few hours, but at a glance I think Suffering 2 is pretty cool. I’ll revisit this upon completion, but I am anticipating an interruption in favor of the highly anticipated Fight Night 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home