Monday, February 27, 2006

Sorry for the lag time, lots of posts coming next week.

I’m sorry loyal readers, I know my highly valued and anticipated insights have been on the sparse side recently, but I am promising a change! I am a full time student, but next week is spring break, and as such, there will be a plethora of new articles.

Coming soon:

-My take on the winter Olympics, there poor coverage by NBC, and that American ice dancer who is such a dam Fox…you know who.

-My list of the greatest scenes in the history of buddy-cop movies (our favorite genre)

-A game review of Fight Night Round 3. I can’t wait to work on this one for you!

-Rules for picking out good entertainment, a guide for the hopeless. A relative of mine has the worst radar for picking out good films to see, music to listen to, or even cloths to wear. It has come to my attention that there may be many more of you out there in desperate need of my help, so stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen your post that guides the clueless to the "good" movies and I have a few comments/questions:

1. You said in this post that your relative doesn't know what music to listen to or what clothes to wear (you wrote "cloths"--I seriously hope that your relative isn't wearing "cloths" or he has a lot more problems than choosing the right movies. Is he wearing washcloths or is he wearing face-cleaning towels?). Are you going to help him with those choices too?

2. You continually use the wrong "your" (you're) and I am not sure that "dumbest" is a word.

3. I am very curious to see your review of Fight Night Round 3. Your review of Resident Evil 4 was excellent.

4. Good point about the "extreme third character" not being as good when featured in their own movie/tv show. Another example of this would be Joey from "Friends." Also, good point about the sequel that has nothing left to say.

5. I would like to point out that we DID pick ONE of your acceptable movies "When a Stranger Calls."

6. I would also like to discuss one of the points that you made in this helpful post. First, you pointed out that this is "a weak list" of movies. It definately is a weak list. That is my problem. It is always a weak list this time of year. We are desperate for a good movie. Unfortunately, when there is only one "good" movie to choose from and you are not in the mood for that particular genre, then you are screwed. I don't necessarily agree that "Freedomland" will be any good and I seriously doubt that "Running Scared" will be good. I doubt that it will even be "an acceptable choice."

The truth is that you wouldn't go to see ANY of these movies if any of them came out during the Summer Blockbuster Season. You would have a list of about 5 movies to choose from at any given time that outshine these choices. That is what is so frustrating.

Why can't Hollywood spread out their "blockbusters" a little more evenly throughout the year? They can only be in November/December, or in the summer.

I will go see Firewall, and it will probably be ALRIGHT at best.
If it is as bad as Hollywood Homicide then I will hunt you down. That is why I doubt Harrison Ford. That SUCKED!

7. Finally, I would like to agree with you that 16 Blocks looks like a good movie. I have been eagerly anticipating that since the first time I saw a trailer. Also, that was a good comment about Terry Bradshaw--I am a little disturbed that you knew her Sex in the City name though.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home