Sunday, February 25, 2007

Daughtry album not what I expected


For me this was one of the most anticipated albums in recent memory, Chris Daughtry awed me and millions of others with his unapologetic rock and roll style of music on American idol, but his album leaves me hungry for his performances of the past. While "Daughtry" is certainly worth listening to, its a prime example of over-produced music. Daughtry's powerful rock and roll voice seems rather hampered by loud unimaginative music, and very poor song writing. It seems Chris is determined to be a heart throb, and changed fun in for sad.
All things considered Chris still has the making of one of the better musical artists of our time, if only he can acquire some help with the writing and less of an image overhaul. That said: 'it's not over,' 'Home,' and 'What I want,' are all excellent songs off of the new CD, and hopefully a window to the future.
I give Chris's new album a 6 out of 10, and hope that our rock star will rebound and really give us what we want.
What do you think?? Am I being too harsh, let me hear about it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home