Thursday, September 20, 2007

3:10 to Yuma



I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in the last thirty minutes of a movie, as I was for this film. I literally put my head in my hands and asked "why" Why would they ruin such a great classic western? The first two hours of this movie are as exciting and entertaining as any in recent memory, it was just a classic western, with a classic western story...that's all we need. Audiences haven't seen a good western in decades, and this was perfect! The acting was phenomenal, with crowe and Bale giving life to old characters. Then it happens. I will not give away the movie, but I will simply say that one of the characters undergoes such a dramatic personality change that it's laughable. Not only was it laughable, but it was grossly unnecessary. This movie didn't need some half-assed attempt at the human condition, it needed a classic western finish. What we got was one of the biggest "almosts" I can remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home