Wednesday, February 28, 2007

American Idol contestants have a good showing



"Can you help me solve my gender crisis?"

What a good season for Americna Idol as almost all contestants have a good showing. Sure there were some so-so performances but nothing truly bad like in past seaseons (Scott Sabol, John Peter Lewis ect.) Ryan Seacrest is still completely intollerable and un-funny but Simon saves the day with his with although Randy and Paula are usually too dumb and or drunk to get his jokes.

Here is the top boys:
1)Blake Lewis: I origianlly thought this beat boxer was silly as hell, but I have really been taken in by his originality, and he can sing.
2)AJ Tabaldo: I really enjoyed his past two performances, maybe nothing stellar, but very consistent and pleasant.
3)Nicholas Pedro: "Vote for Pedro" Here is my dark horse candidate. Maybe he hasn't quite hit his stride yet, but that unique smokey voice will eventually pay off. I think he's a bit like a Don Henley, and under the right circumstances he could really shine.
4)Jared Cotter: It was risky to sing a novelty song, but he pulled it off nicely with a Marvin Gay ditty.
5)Sundance Head: I really like his voice last week as well as this week, although I didn't like the song. I think the judges were a little harsh with him previously.
6)Chris Sligh: He can certainly sing in his domain, but he could fall victim to the wrong theme week
7)Brandon Rogers: Always pleasant, and always forgettable
8)Chris Richardson: I don't understand what the judges see in him, I think he's kind of goffy.
9)Phil Stacey: I AM BAFFLED BY THE JUDGES ON THIS ONE!! I haven't been impressed by him at all. This week completely lacked originality, and I thought last week was horrible.
10)Sanjaya Malakar: A complete joke

Top Girls:
1)Sabrina Sloan: Amazing, original, and the most darring by far.
2)Lakisha Jones: Great vocalist, but please no more short skirts! I had just eaten when she sang.
3)Stephanie Edwards: Very consistent, also a risk taker that makes for memorable songs.
4)Gina Gloksen: A very nice redition of Hearts "Alone," but Simon is right. She should look more punk like Avril, catch a niche. She's nbot pretty enough to just wear fancy dresses.
5)Melinda Doolittle: It will hard not to root for her, she seems like a great girl. You can tell she expects the judges to say something bad about her even though she's always brilliant. You gotta love a talented modest girl like that.
6)Jordin Sparks: A great singer, I'm just not sure she has the personality to overcome some of the other contestants.
7)Haley Scarnato: I really didn't like her before, but I thought her version of "Queen of the night," was really entertaining.
8)Alaina Alexander: I really don't agree with the harsh critisism of this contestant. She makes excellent song choices. Always popular, and avoiding artists that would be considered iconic. I think she has been pretty entertaining, and she may still surprise us.
9)Leslie Hunt: Certainly has potential, but I could take her or leave her.
10)Antonella Barba: Her best performance is already available on the internet.

Contestant I most wanted to see return: Nicole Tranquillo. It's a shame the talentless Antonella outlasted her, she had a voice ripe with awe potential.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home