Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Why people hate working in restaurants.


Heres another funny story about working in restaurants. One night I was serving these two old ladies which is bad news right off of the bat, anyone who has been in the restaurnt business long enough hates old people with a passion. These two misrable old crones surprisingly want dinners that cost more five dollars, most customers over the age of fifty wont spend too much otherwise it will infringe upon their instant lottery budget. They order two New York strip steaks and and specifically ask that they be cooked "well, well, well." After sampling their briquettes they complained that the meat was not tender or juicy. Let me explain something to all of the brain dead people out there that like to eat out. A steak has two sources of moisture, blood and fat. If you have no taste buds and request a steak be cooked well those sources will be exhausted. If the fat is cooked untill it shrivels and dries out, and all the blood is cooked out, then there will be no juices left. It's really not complicated, but it never ceases to amaze me when you try to explain things to retarded people with that blank befuddled look on their faces. Theres no feeling like have stupid people talk to you like your the idiot.
Heres the ultimate solution: If you have such poor tastes that like your meat cooked to an oblivion, order a hamburger, your throwing your money away on good steaks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very true about the well done steaks. I also find it to be humorous when a table expects a well done steak to be done in 10 minutes.

As long as we are talking about inconsiderate and idiotic tables... I also particularly enjoy it when a customer snaps at you or claps his hands at you to get your attention. Here's a tip: Human beings do not respond to the same tactics you use to get the attention of DOGS and BARNYARD ANIMALS.

I also appreciate when you are carrying a large tray through the dining room and a table decides to grab your arm or trys to stop you through some other means. Just a warning; the next time a table trys to stop me when I am carrying a large tray for another table, I am going to drop the tray on the ground (since the table wanted me to figuratively "drop everything I was doing" anyway) and say, "yes, how can I help you."

One more tip for all of you inconsiderate diners out there... When I am speaking with another table, do NOT yell at me to get my attention. You are not only being rude to me, you are being rude to the other table that patiently waited their turn to speak with me.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home