Saturday, January 21, 2006

Good lord, give that bartender a medal


(left) My apolgies sir, that was insensitive of me.


Believe it or not a gentlemen came to the restaurant the other night paid for his meals to go, but stormed out when the bar-keep was too busy to go to the "help yourself" salad bar and make up his salads for him. I wish I was making this up, but it's the sad, sad, truth. Despit my funny picture and caption, this wasn't a decrepit old man, or a man in a wheelchair, and it wasn't the one armed man. The man had two fully functioning arms, two functioning legs, and one poorly functioning brain.
I should also point out that if every customer decided that the restaurant staff are more indentured servants that workers, the entire point of the sald bar would be eliminated. I should think salads being made by servers need not be displayed in the middle of the dining room, hunched below a sneeze gaurd. Get a grip people, not using salad tongues doen't make you special, it makes you "special."

Heres some other phrases I shouldn't ever have to listen to: "can I..." Stop right there, if it was an option I would have mentioned it. If you need split peas that bad grandma I suggest you take it to the Cracker barrel.

"can you..." Stop! Can you pick something from a fifty item menu. I really feel like fighting with cooks for the rest of the night, so you can create some dish you wont even like becasue....surprise, we don't normally make anthing like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home